Speeding up send
The #1 factor in send speed is the speed of your SMTP server.
Suitable Delivery Mode
- Do not use relay mode mailing except if you have a very fast SMTP server. Try direct mailing or mixed mailing if the SMTP server of your mailing account is not exclusive.
- If you have multiple SMTP servers, you may create multiple mailing accounts and click Options and Performances from the Publish window to enable them.
- Avoid using an external SMTP server on the Internet, as this slows down send speed. We recommend this free, easy to use one for ease of use and this one for speed.
- Click Mailing Accounts on the left pane and select your account. Click Properties and make sure the thread count and pause after each message are set all the way to the right.
- For direct mode sending, you should define faster DNS servers. A local DNS server is usually recommended.
- Make sure the PCs running Email Marketer and the SMTP server both have plenty of memory and hard disk space and a high-bandwidth Internet connection.
- Disable delivery logging by unchecking Tools | Preferences | Project | Create detail publish log.
- Don't embed images, link to them on a Web server instead.
- Don't attach files.
- Send as plain text: At the message editor, click the Advanced, Tracking Settings button and select the mail format to Plain Text only.
- Turn off tracking: uncheck Track feature from the Advanced, Tracking Settings button.
Faster List Database
- Open your database file in Microsoft Access 2000 or later, Click Tools | Fix and Compress Project to shrink the project database.
- Turn off sorting: Click the sorted column's header once or twice from Recipients window until the list is no longer sorted.
Disable Antivirus and Firewall
- Turn off email scanning in your antivirus program, e.g. Norton AntiVirus, while the mailing is being sent.
- Turn off your personal firewall logging while the mailing is being sent.
- Split your list and run the software on two or more computers. (multiple licenses might be needed).