Personalization Script Introduction
Email Marketer can execute VBScript like code within the mail text while the emails
are being generated. This means that you can control the contents of each individual
email with your own programming.
You access the objects of the email by means of
several Email Marketer script objects.
As a result of this, you can:
- output text
- attach file attachments to the e-mail
- modify the subject / body
- load texts/templates from a file
- access the current user attributes
- access an external database via ADO
- read or write files
- control the mailing process
- save the message object to file
- and more...
This means that you will be able to manage the following tasks, for example:
- different title for different user gender
- all recipients of the domain xyz.com can receive a different text content
- all of those interested in the product xyz can receive specific product information as
- and more...
You will need at least some programming skills of VBScript.
Nesox Solutions cannot offer any support for VBScript programming. We
would however be happy to advise you of the available possibilities and to give
you brief indications as to whether or not you can implement a particular request
and how to go about doing so.
Inline Script Block Masking
A Script Block is masked by the following character string:
<% Script-Code %>
An e-mail can contain several Script Blocks and one global script. Any VBScript-Code can be specified
within this marking.
VBScript Language Reference Guide
A language reference guide to VBScript can be found in the
We have also attached a chm formatted reference in the installation directory.
The VBScript technology is the property of the Microsoft Company. Integration
into this application has been possible thanks to the outstanding interfaces available
with this technology.
Notes concerning protection of registered trademarks